We welcome your interest in employment at the Washington Poison Center. Below you will find job and volunteer announcements for positions that are currently open. Washington Poison Center is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workplace.
To apply for employment at the Washington Poison Center, please fill out an: Application for Employment.
In addition the application for employment, please provide a cover letter and copy of your resume, faxed to (206) 774-1129 or email.
Applications for employment will remain in our database for six months.
Job Opportunities & Job Descriptions
The WAPC serves over 7 million persons in the State of Washington and is an unaffiliated 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation. The WAPC receives over 138,500 phone calls and manages over 67,500 cases annually.
Note: proof of Covid-19 vaccination is mandatory for all full and part-time employees at the Washington Poison Center.
We are looking to fill the following positions:
- Associate Medical Director
- The Washington Poison Center is accepting applications for the FULL TIME position of Associate Medical Director. The ideal candidate would be self-motivated to provide continued development and clinical oversight of the WAPC Call Center’s activities.
- The Associate Medical Director will work with the Medical Director to continue to develop clinical guidelines, a robust quality assurance program, assist our 3 MPH public educators, and provide clinically relevant teaching for both staff and providers.
- This position is a full-time salaried position with a generous benefit package. Candidates would require a Washington medical license, board certification or eligibility, and strong interpersonal skills. Poison center management experience is preferred. Please refer to the job description below:
- Specialist in Poison Information (SPI or CSPI)
- The Washington Poison Center (WAPC) is accepting applications for full and part time nurses. The Specialist in Poison Information (SPI or CSPI) responds to inquiries from the general public and health care professionals regarding human poisoning exposures.
- Current SPI preferred. Please refer to the job description below:
Mr. Yuk Mascot
Would you like to be Mr. Yuk? The Washington Poison Center is seeking a pool of individuals to serve as our Mascot – Mr. Yuk at various community events.