Call Center Staff
The nurses, pharmacists, and other poison information providers who answer the hotline undergo rigorous training to respond quickly and professionally to each call. They work together as a dedicated team to handle any poison crisis or question.
Besides being licensed as a nurse or pharmacist, each health-degreed staff member must pass an intensive national toxicology examination to qualify as specialist in poison information (SPI). At least two years of clinical experience and meticulous study are required to successfully complete the exam.
- Medical Director/Executive Director: Erica Liebelt, MD, FACMT
- Associate Medical Director: Scott Phillips, MD
- Consulting Medical Toxicologist: Carl Skinner, MD
- Consulting Medical Toxicologist: Suzan Mazor, MD
- Consulting Medical Toxicologist: Betty Chen, MD
- Consulting Medical Toxicologist: Matt Valento, MD
- Consulting Medical Toxicologist: Kevin Maskell, MD
- Business Manager: Jan Binks
- Managing Director: Katie Von Derau, RN, CPN
- Development & Marketing Director: Jennifer Monteleone, APR
- Public Health & Education Director: Arti Patel, MPH, CHES
- Health Education & Outreach Specialist: Jared O’Connor, MPH
- Executive Assistant: Wendy Russell
Let us know about how the Poison Specialist you spoke with helped you. We’d love to have your feedback!