This position has been filled.
A collaborative and supportive environment, the Washington Poison Center (WAPC) is looking for an education and communications specialist to join our team of two health educators and provide outreach to Western and Central Washington out of our office in Seattle, WA. A 501c3 non-profit corporation, the WAPC is the accredited poison control center serving the entire state of Washington. Located in a unique and innovative state, the WAPC is progressive in its public health outreach providing harm-reduction education regarding marijuana, electronic dance music, and emergency preparedness in addition to traditional outreach related to home and medication safety.
The position is a 1.0 FTE with the following job requirements:
- Degree in public health, with two or more years of experience in Health Education (CHES certification), Public Health, or related field preferred. Bilingual preferred.
- Knowledge of the basic principles of health education and the related behavioral sciences. Experience in delivering educational programs, which include public speaking, webinars, editing or developing materials.
- Excellent verbal & written communication and collaboration skills for networking and coalition building, working with WAPC team members, the board, and the public and developing strategies for effectively conveying information to the public.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Experience using social media, and marketing to deliver health education messages to targeted populations. Knowledge of the basics of mass communication including familiarity with the use of small and medium media (e.g., press releases, posters, brochures), for creating awareness of WAPC and the services it provides.
- Development and implementation of work plans and budgets including realistic time lines and budgets, delegation of tasks, and implementation and management of subcontracts and consultants, where appropriate.
- Ability to set goals and objectives, to implement program plans, to evaluate program/project effectiveness, and to revise plans based on evaluation results.
- Computer proficiency with MS Office products, and a variety of online tools such as website maintenance, contact management, webinar tools, and social media. Must be able to use, collect, analyze, and present data.
- Valid Driver’s license and access to an automobile.
- Ability to travel.
We offer an attractive benefit package, including medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, long-term disability, holidays, 401(k), flexible spending accounts for medical and child care. We also offer a competitive salary based on annual market comparison, skills and experience.